Last year Think Quick facilitated an X Teams programme on behalf of the Hargraves Institute for the Department of Sustainability & Environment.
Now the Victorian Public Service Continuous Improvement and Innovation Network (VPSCIIN) is about to sponsor an X Teams programme open to all Government Departments in Victoria.
The X Team process is one run over a period of eight weeks incorporating four face to face learning sessions at two week intervals with the time in between putting those skills learned into practice to address a complex real world issue or opportunity within an organisation.
The X-Teams approach is one that delivers a team-based programme that aligns and fully supports current strategy and also assists in forward design.
Each X-Team programme is customised to business unit or organisational objectives, goals and internal programmes. The process is integrated into current work procedures, locations and staffing requirements to ensure minimal disruption and maximum contribution from all participants, sponsors and the executives involved.
X-Teams provides a cost effective means for an organisation to start to develop their own internal “hothouse” environment for testing and developing solutions to real issues as a part of normal business.
In undertaking an X-Teams programme an organisation can:
- Learn powerful techniques to deliver improved productivity and new insights.
- Help identify and develop your high potential talent and future leaders to become leaders of productivity and growth.
- Help you to challenge your existing processes and cultures via the application of contemporary and proven thinking methods.
- Build your ability to build insight quickly and develop action oriented experiments and approaches that are rapid and low cost.
- Get more value, faster from your people by providing them the skills and insights they need.
- Identify those elements of the status quo that are in need of redesign or change
Typically in an X-Team programme the senior leadership of an organisation will determine the key areas they would like the process to address. Once these have been decided the programme is designed with the organisation’s imperatives in mind and the X-Teams are selected and formed. The teams will then over a five week period participate in a facilitated process of problem solving and design that will enable them to work with their colleagues to design interventions address their organisation’s most pressing needs.
The new X Teams programme for the VPS will commence on June 13 and is being sponsored by the State Government Departmental heads via their VPSCIIN Network.
This is a brilliant opportunity for Victorian Government Departments to nominate a team to participate and reap the benefit of this valuable sponsorship. Departments that would like to take advantage of the opportunity should contact VPSCIIN Coordinator Deb Holder on 0402 285112 or at email@example.com
Those wishing to get a sense of how the last participants viewed the process can do so with the video above!