How well do your people think?
Given that everything we do starts with some form of thought, I wonder why we don’t pay any real attention to this when we seek to develop our people?
When discussing “thinking” I like to use the metaphor of a river, that has it’s source in the mountains and then travels to a downstream plain and then out to sea.
Using this, we spend way too much time operating downstream, when the real need is for us to move our thinking back upstream to the river’s source. We find without fail, that when people have the learning and capacity to move their thinking back upstream to start off with, the downstream results are greatly improved. Suddenly, that $1,000,000 issue ceases to exist or at least becomes a $1000 issue because we improved our thinking in the first instance.
In your organisation, do your people have learned and specific thinking methods at their disposal to:
1) Design new ways forward when the old ways are failing?
2) Systematically produce genuinely new, value-adding ideas?
3) Strategically navigate ways forward through unclear territory?
4) Explore multiple options with open minds and avoid being solution oriented?
5) Collaborate in meetings with focus, action and outcome orientation?
6) Integrate your diverse views rather than have them divide?
7) Safely move past using the “fear of failure” to avoid moving to action?
8) Avoid simplistic categorisations and formulaic approaches to complex issues?
9) Question static beliefs and move beyond default responses?
10) See opportunities through multiple lenses, not just that of risk?
Would your performance improve if your staff had specific methods at their disposal to address the 10 questions above?
The ability to routinely address these questions will build your organisational capacity and result in significant performance increases.
At Think Quick we have proven methods and track-record in assisting with all 10 of these needs, so if you need to fill your organisational thinking tank and subsequent performance, call us and we’ll have a no obligation chat to see just where we can add the most value for you.
Call Frank on 0400 109727 or contact us via email here.